JOIN US IN THAILAND
Our primary goal is the prevention of child trafficking through scholarships and mentorship with local staff. For this reason, volunteer spots are limited, and volunteer positions to do activities with students are limited to those who can speak fluent Thai. We ask for a minimum 6 month commitment. We are proud to offer internship opportunities, enabling some of these passionate, talented people to join our cause in a more official capacity, to gain valuable real-world experience, and leave knowing they’ve made a difference. Our internships are a perfect opportunity for those interested in a career in the non-profit sector, international development, or justice work in general. If you’re interested in becoming an intern with the The Freedom Story in Thailand, we invite you to explore the job descriptions below for more information and to learn how to apply. Office-based positions in Thailand in Marketing, Communications, Program Administration and Teaching English Language are available periodically. We ask for a minimum 6 month – 1 year commitment. All positions are unpaid, with an expectation of working a 35 hour work week. To learn more about individual positions and inquire about availability contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about available opportunities:
INTERNSHIPS IN CALIFORNIA
We are proud to offer internship opportunities, enabling some of these passionate, talented people to join our cause in a more official capacity, gain valuable real-world experience, and leave knowing they’ve made a difference. Our internships are a perfect opportunity for those interested in a career in the non-profit sector, international development, or justice work in general. If you’re interested in becoming an intern with the The Freedom Story, we invite you to explore the opportunities listed below for more information and to learn how to apply.
Do you love inspiring others? Do you stay up late thinking about how you can use Pinterest to change the world? The Freedom Story, a grassroots organization working for prevention of child exploitation in Thailand, is looking for a social media intern to work in our U.S. office in Oakland, CA. We’re looking for someone that wants to help us push our brand, voice, mission, and most importantly, our donors and connections forward. The social media intern is responsible for helping develop our media, marketing, and communication strategy. The social media intern will bring his or her expertise of social media to the table and will support The Freedom Story’s awareness and engagement efforts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. WHAT TYPE OF WORK WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Marketing Research: Engage in target audience, event and award research.
- Develop Strategies: Help develop and implement peer-to-peer campaigns and plan short term campaigns.
- Tell Great Stories: Engage with our supporters and followers in the social media space, telling stories as well as educating our audience about education, prevention, and human trafficking.
- Help with Design: Work with us to create event flyers, program promotionals, and find and work with printers.
- Fill in the Blanks: Develop a Diigo or Hootsuite account (if applicable) to help us build a better database of our marketing efforts, updating our media page, and tagging our media mentions on our Diigo/Hootsuite account.
- Help Us Say Thank You: Reach out to donors for interviews or surveys, help us discover bloggers for raffles and connections, and contact and thank donors by phone or email.
- Share Ideas: We looking forward to hearing your ideas!
- Experience in communications for an international nonprofit organization
- Mentorship from experts in the field A recommendation letter from the president for future job applications
- Exposure to U.S. operations
- The opportunity to promote and engage in events
- The opportunity to build your portfolio
- Participation in the fight against child trafficking globally
- Excellent writing skills
- Some background in communications, marketing, graphic design, English, or business. We’ll gladly work with an art major, an international studies student, or any other prodigy if you can demonstrate that you’ve got the skills to support our needs.
- Proven experience using Twitter and Facebook and demonstrated use of other relevant networks like Pinterest, WordPress, etc.
- Sense of humor, belief in our values, and a desire to change the world.
- Laptop computer that can be brought to work is preferred.
- This is an unpaid position requiring at least 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible.