This Thanksgiving, we are very grateful! Here are just some of the things for which we are giving thanks:
- A committed staff who are giving so much of their time, energy, heart, and dedication to supporting students in every way possible. For our staff, the job is more than a job. It is a way to share with their own communities, and a way to offer as much as or more than they had as children themselves.
- Generous donors who have been with us every step of the way, some even from the very beginning, giving what they can. Without you, none of what we do would be possible.
- The kindness of volunteers, who have supported us in every kind of task imaginable, from teaching to painting walls and desks, gardening and making balloon animals. They bring joy to our students, and a glimpse into a world beyond their village.
- Our determined and eager students, who take every possible opportunity to shine and grow, who turn meager circumstances into a world of possibility. Change begins with them.
- All the service providers who’ve helped us along the way. Their guidance, advice and support has been instrumental in helping ensure we perform at our best.
- Our partner organizations, with whom we are forging a new path, learning from each other, and building higher standards. Because of our partners, our collective efforts go even further.
- Everyone who has liked, shared, or commented on any of our social media. Your engagement helps expand our reach, making it possible to grow as we have over the past 10+ years!
- A world in which this endeavor is even possible. While tragedies such as trafficking and exploitation do exist in our world, how amazing is it that we can learn of their existence from across the globe, that the pain of one girl’s circumstance can inspire another to dream of helping her and others like her, and that the dream could go from a wish to a reality, one scholarship to hundreds, and many more helped along the way?
Every act of generosity from every single person on this list has an impact that reverberates across the globe. Though we still have a lot to overcome, we have an amazing community of people who, though they may never meet each other, are working together to make freedom ever more possible.
We have a lot to be thankful for!
We wish everyone a warm and loving Thanksgiving holiday, and hope you find yourself surrounded in gratitude and blessings.
All of us at The Freedom Story